First Finance Plc is a joint venture company established between Cambodia-based First Home Plc, Singapore-based Phillip Capital, Luxembourg-based Insitor Fund, Cambodia-Laos Development Fund and Norway-based Norfund. The company was granted its license on 23 April 2009 by the National Bank of Cambodia, and became the first financial institution to specialize in housing finance in Cambodia. The company is focused on providing long-term Home Loans and Home Improvement Loans, and medium-term Home Equity Loans to underserved low and middle-income Cambodian households without access to formal commercial lending.
As the founding company of First Finance, First Home Plc has tested and refined its initial housing finance concept and has conducted studies on the market needs for housing loans. It has thus provided First Finance a foundation for growth and expansion.
To help families from every socio-economic status in Cambodia live in dignity, security, happiness and stability through home ownership.
To build the economic stability of low-income Cambodia families by increasing access to home ownership.
- Integrity: In order to see our clients achieve the vision of First Finance, we are honest and transparent in everything we do.
- Response: We are always close enough to care and to respond to our customers’ needs. We take ownership of our actions and we’re open to feedback.
- Innovation: We are creative in finding efficient solutions to better serve our clients.
- Social Justice: We take pride in being respectful, being professional and treating our customers fairly.
- Excellence: We strive to be the best at what we do.
- To First Finance family member (all staff and management), it means each of us (I) should always try to do more and be better than what we used to be. Be honest, transparent, responsive to our colleagues and the client we serve. Be creative in carrying out our daily chores to be efficient and better serve our client. Together we excel in our career and RISE standards for social justice in Cambodia.
- To First Finance client, by believing and carrying out IRISE – core values of First Finance, we can help our clients (low to medium income families) RISE their standards of living and live in dignity, security, happiness, and stability through home ownership.
Our target customers are low and middle income Cambodian households that seek to invest in their first home.
The vast majority of Cambodian households have no access to formal housing finance. While commercial banks have begun to offer home loan products, they are more focused on wealthier Cambodians.
First Finance provides customers with loan products/services specific to their needs, and with requirements that are in line with the realities of Cambodia. Further, customers can meet directly with our credit consultants in order to fully understand our products, as well as to assist with the legal processes associated with purchasing their first home.
Our corporate philosophy is very simple, “We think like a customer, and act like an owner”, and our below approaches are even simpler:
- Market driven products and services
- Simplified procedures and quick processing
- Flexibility and transparency in operations
- Integrity and ethics in all business practices